Hey guys. I almost forgot today was Tuesday and I owe you guys a blog post. I’m sorry but I’ve been feeling emotionally exhausted lately. The situations around me have been taking a toll on me and I just feel worn out. Physically I’m fine but emotionally not so great. So I guess this post couldn’t have come at a better time.
1. Practice affirmations. I always thought affirmations wouldn’t work because they seemed kinda stupid but I’ve learnt what you tell yourself is very important. So tell yourself beautiful things. Look in the mirror and repeat affirmations daily. Eventually it grows on you.
2. Cry. Sometimes you need to have a good cry and let it all out whatever it is you are feeling. Okay crying is always a good form of healing. Or scream, it’s not easy for some people to cry so I think screaming has the same effect.
3. Let some things go. That thing you never got around to doing and it’s still bothering you just let it go. Those lists you never completed, the clothes you never folded, the plans you didn’t see through, all of it let it go.
4. Be kind to yourself. Dont hold things against you. Practice forgiving yourself for things you did when you didn’t know better. Forgive yourself for not knowing any better. Forgive yourself when you fail yourself.
5. Express love. Tell the people in your life that you love them. Saying the words “I love you” when you mean it of course gives you a good feeling. Making someone feel loved is one of those things that comes back around. Give love, receive love.
Emotional exhaustion is well very taxing and honestly its just one of those things that happens to some of us and we can’t avoid it. But things always get better and they will.
“You’re Okay” 🌻💛